Although Salvage Signs started as primarily a wall-art business, we were approached to create signs for businesses. We were first contacted by a fishing lodge in Idaho to create several signs for display in buildings on their property. Most were displayed indoors, but a few were hung outside. We created a sign of their logo, which was highly detailed; and several others that were more plain, ie. the name of a room. It was a challenging and fulfilling project.
Another sign was very large, 4’ x 8’ and was displayed outdoors. This required applying a weatherizing agent.
For the most part everything is customizable, but here are some examples:
- Overall size of the piece
- Paint distressing amount
- Weatherizing for outdoor display
Some ask us to create something totally new. They describe the concept to us and/or do a rough sketch which we pass on to our graphic designer. It’s a fun process for sure!
The overall price will depend on:
- Complexity of the artwork
- Graphic designer time
- Overall time to collaborate
- If there are multiple media used (wood and metal)
- Indoor or outdoor display preparation
- If special/unique wood is needed
- If there are time constraints